Tuesday, February 3, 2015

My Family

Born and raised in the United States.  The truth about my family is this; I don't know enough about my father to know whether or not he loves me. My sister always hated me and treated me like an idiot, four years her younger. My cousin was a bully. My family is just my mother's generation and mine, a sister and a cousin. We didn't talk to the men in my family for a long time not including my dad who had every other weekend but I never got to know him. I felt like I spent a long time not even talking because no one seemed to like me.
Today as an adult I can finally put my foot down and refuse to be treated like a lesser being by a family I didn't choose. Constantly ridiculed and pushed aside and ignored. I don't have to have a family at all.
How selfish, you must think I am. Just desperate to regain some of the self respect I grew up without. If I want to live in this world I need to break away from the memories of hate I grew up inside of.

No comments:

Post a Comment